Wednesday 11 April 2012

Water Beads Bin

I have been meaning to do this for a while now and started hunting for them since last year.
Lo and behold they were in the neighbourhood. The GLEE and JOY!
I bought these water beads from a nearby plant nursery, ermmm, during Chinese New Year.

Yeah, that's how long they have been waiting patiently for me to add water and make them oh-so-fun.

Water beads are super water absorbing co-polymer, the same material used to make contact lenses.
They are non toxic and if ingested by animals they come out the looking the same  :)
They can last for two years and re-watered as necessary.

I soaked 2 packets for 8 hours and during that time I could not keep my hands away. Funny how I felt the same way about my hubby not too long ago. Muahahahaha  *Note: to delete last sentence before sharing blog with Tiger.

Tiger enjoyed the bin very much.
He couldn't keep away too :)
Really, if I could soak my hands, feet and heck immerse myself in a tub of these,
I'll probably never lose my temper again.

 I kept his pacifier on the entire time just in case he thinks they are gummies.
He didn't try to eat any but these suckers are real tempting.
Oh, and they bounce like anything.
If your child is a thrower, you may want to do it outdoors


To dispose, just mix into your soil.
Not recommended for plants indoors in Malaysia as they may serve as mosquito breeders.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I like to read your blogs.. you are creative and hardworking for a working mum to do so many things for your little one.. may I know whats the purpose of giving him the water beads?

Thks, Angel

Jesscia said...

Hi Angel,

Thank you for the kind words. I just copy other people's idea la. I am not so creative...hehe :p

The water beads bin is for sensory play, just like water/sand play. Not clasically educational, more for play and triggering senses. Very fun! Here's a link for more ideas playathomemom3.blogspot.com/

yeeyeemama said...

Hi ,
May i know where to get these water beads ? is this same as those we put in our plant ?

Thanks :)

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi yeeyeemama,

I got them from the nursery selling plants near my house. Three packets for RM10. I have seen them in TANGS but very pricey.

Yup, they are the same ones for plants :)

Unknown said...

We have been having fun with crystal water beads, and I would have never thought to bring them outside. Good to know they are safe for the garden. I hope you come by and share this tomorrow at The Outdoor Play Party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...